Are you looking for a flexible, meaningful job in a vibrant community? Do you love the energy and earnest enthusiasm of our littlest learners? As our future 2’s class teacher, you would have the joy of inspiring learning with a flexible curriculum, small class size, and the support of the co-op community, including the other teachers, parents, child caregivers, and the kind guidance of Edmonds College. This part-time position allows for a healthy work-life balance, including built-in substitutes, as we place a strong value on personal life.
At Snohomish Cooperative Preschool, children blossom by playing and exploring freely in a safe and nurturing environment. Our cooperative preschool is affiliated with, and receives parent-education from, the Edmonds College Family Life Education Department (FLED). Teachers collaborate with our FLED Parent Instructors as a team and receive their guidance.
Our teacher will work 7-10 hours per week doing the following:
- Teach our 2’s Class on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30 am to 11:00 am
- Setup, cleanup, and prep time for the classes
- Evening board meetings (monthly) and member meetings (monthly)
- Require experience working with children
- Require eligible to work in the United States
- Prefer minimum two year college degree
- Prefer degree in early childhood education, actively pursuing teaching certification, or two years of experience in the field
- Prefer CPR and First Aid certification (required before starting)
- Prefer experience with a member-run cooperative preschool
- Plan and prepare developmentally appropriate, play-based curriculum, with activities that are engaging and varied throughout the year
- Lead class and coordinate working members
- Spend class time observing, interacting, and participating in activities with the children using positive guidance techniques
- Work cooperatively with our school’s other teachers to develop monthly themes, share classroom space and help with supply inventory
- Attend monthly board and members meetings, typically on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
- Attend monthly teacher training meetings, along with other affiliated co-op teachers, at Edmonds College
$20-26/hr dependent upon qualifications and experience, paid sick leave, and professional development reimbursement
ASAP. Classes run September through May.
Please send resume and cover letter to
Snohomish Cooperative Preschool
Snohomish Cooperative Preschool inspires curious, confident, and empathetic lifelong learners.
Our mission at Snohomish Cooperative Preschool is to cultivate a play-based, collaborative community of learners, where children and adults explore, develop, and thrive.
What We Stand For
Our preschool strives to be inclusive, diverse, and compassionate toward all. We are committed to creating a space where every child and family is valued for their unique contributions to the classroom community and can see themselves represented in their learning environment. Our work is ongoing and we are constantly evaluating how to further incorporate anti-bias education standards into our program’s existing policies and practices. By supporting our children’s developing sense of self and by placing a curricular focus on relationship skills such as empathy and cooperation, we hope to empower them to become advocates for themselves, their community, and the world around them.
We admit students of any race, color, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at our schools. We do not discriminate due to an association or perceived association with a protected class, including, but not limited to race; color; religion or national and ethnic origin; sex; sexual orientation; gender expression or identity; disability; age; citizenship; marital or veteran status; or genetic information in the administration of our educational policies, admissions policies, financial assistance programs, and other school-administered policies.