Snohomish Cooperative Preschool is seeking a talented and dedicated early childhood educator for our preschool. At Snohomish Cooperative Preschool, children blossom by playing and exploring freely in a safe and nurturing environment. Great attention is given to building our sense of community within the cooperative and having that same cooperative spirit flow throughout our interactions with one another.
Our cooperative preschool is affiliated with, and receives parent-education support from the Edmonds College Family Life Education Department (FLED). Teachers are expected to work closely with our FLED Parent Instructors and receive the benefit of their support and guidance.
Our educator will work approximately 7-10 hours per week doing the following:
- Teach our 2’s Class on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30 am to 11:00 am
- Setup, cleanup, and prep time for the classes
- Evening board meetings (monthly) and member meetings (monthly)
- Minimum two year college degree
- Degree in early childhood education, actively pursuing teaching certification, or two years of experience in the field
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification required
- COVID-19 vaccination required
- Experience with a member-run cooperative preschool desired
- Plan and prepare developmentally appropriate, play-based curriculum, including daily activities that are engaging and varied throughout the year
- Lead class and coordinate working members; serve as a model for best practice interactions with young children
- Maintain a balanced daily schedule including creative, physical, social, free-choice, and group activities that are interactive, hands-on and enhance students’ independence
- Spend class time observing, interacting and participating in activities with the children
- Utilize positive guidance techniques
- Communicate with members and other cooperative teachers in a supportive and caring way
- Show a commitment to continuing education with a focus on the cooperative structure
- Work cooperatively with our school’s other teachers to develop monthly themes, share classroom space and help with supply inventory
- Attend monthly board and members meetings, typically on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
- Attend monthly teacher training meetings, along with other affiliated co-op teachers, at Edmonds College
$18-22/hr dependent upon qualifications and experience, paid sick leave, and professional development reimbursement
Open until filled.
ASAP. Classes run through May 2023.
Please send resume and cover letter to
Snohomish Cooperative Preschool
Snohomish Cooperative Preschool inspires curious, confident, and empathetic lifelong learners.
Our mission at Snohomish Cooperative Preschool is to cultivate a play-based, collaborative community of learners, where children and adults explore, develop, and thrive.
What We Stand For
Our preschool strives to be inclusive, diverse, and compassionate toward all. We are committed to creating a space where every child and family is valued for their unique contributions to the classroom community and can see themselves represented in their learning environment. Our work is ongoing and we are constantly evaluating how to further incorporate anti-bias education standards into our program’s existing policies and practices. By supporting our children’s developing sense of self and by placing a curricular focus on relationship skills such as empathy and cooperation, we hope to empower them to become advocates for themselves, their community, and the world around them.