Updated on 9/8/20
SCP is offering 100% remote preschool for fall 2020!
Teacher Ashley and Teacher Julie will be collaborating this year to provide a variety of remote-learning opportunities that SCP families can participate in regardless of class (2’s, 3’s, Pre-K).
Your remote-preschool membership will include:
Circle Time, via Zoom
Join our teachers for fun and engaging, multi-age circle times that incorporate stories, songs, and learning games.
- Circle times will be held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the late morning.
- Register for one, two, or three circle times per week as fits your family’s schedule. Your child will attend only on the days of the week you’ve signed up for. Tuition rates vary, see rates below.
- All three circle times will be geared toward a multi-age group of preschoolers. As the year progresses, based on enrollment, changes may be made to the circle time schedule.
- Each student will receive their own SCP circle-time bin to borrow that includes things like egg shakers, rhythm sticks, scarves, chalkboards and more.
- Siblings are welcome to join in the fun! See options for sibling enrollment below.
Take-home Activity Kits
- Every other Monday, you will get one Take-home Activity Kit. Each kit includes two weeks worth of STEM & art, and other curriculum extension activity materials.
- Custom videos or written instructions for the activities will be posted on our SCP Seesaw group.
- Families can take pictures and share their creations with friends and teachers on Seesaw.
- Add a sibling kit for an additional $10 per month. Families that add on sibling kits, can also receive extra circle time supplies by request. Learn more about siblings below.
- Activity kits will be handed out drive-thru style at the church every other Monday from 11:00 to 11:30 am.
Weekly Recorded Lessons
- Teacher Ashley will be recording lessons for families to enjoy at their own pace.
- Lessons will include story-telling, social-emotional learning using Second Step curriculum, letter recognition and writing using Handwriting Without Tears curriculum and more.
- These lessons will be geared more towards the older preschool/pre-k students.
Toy Lending Library
- Check-out preschool toys, games, and manipulatives to bring home and enjoy!
- Families can borrow toys on activity kit pick-up days, enjoy for two weeks, and then return at the next kit pick-up.
- Strict safety and sanitation protocols will be followed for all toy lending.
- Bedtime Zooms – twice per month teachers will host an evening bedtime story or calming activity on Mondays from 6:30 p.m. to 6:50 p.m.
- Virtual field trips will be planned with special guests from the community.
- SCP families will have opportunities to share about their culture, traditions, professions, etc., so that we can get to know each other better.
Parent Education Courses
All members of SCP are enrolled at Edmonds College, the benefits of this are:
- Monthly parent education classes held during member meetings facilitated by Family LIfe instructors from Edmonds College where members learn new parenting skills, discuss early childhood education topics, and share parenting challenges, goals and successes.
- Weekly check-ins with the Family Life instructors. Members are able to reach out to their instructor for help with parenting challenges.
- Members earn college credits.
- Members are eligible for an EdPass, student ID#, and student email which they can use for student discounts.
- Sunday: weekly newsletter & Seesaw upload with recorded lessons, Zoom links, activity kit instructions, news from the board, etc.
- Monday: activity kit pick-up & toy lending library drive-thru (twice/month, 11:00-11:30 am) and Bedtime Zooms (twice/month, 6:30-6:50 pm)
- Tuesday: circle time with Teacher Julie (30 minutes, late morning)
- Wednesday: circle time with Teacher Julie (30 minutes, late morning)
- Thursday: circle time with Teacher Ashley (30 minutes, late morning) and member meetings (monthly, 6:30-8:00 pm)
Member Responsibilities for Remote Preschool at SCP
- Attend monthly member meetings generally held on the fourth Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:00 pm. All meetings will be held virtually via Zoom. The first portion of the meeting will be discussing preschool business (treasurer & enrollment reports, news from the board). The second part will be our parent education class facilitated by our Edmonds College Family Life instructors.
- At least one parent per family will register as a student of Edmonds College and participate in parent education classes.
- Every member will have a member job that requires 15-20 hours of commitment over the school year. Examples of member jobs are Teacher Assistant, Virtual Field Trip Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Seesaw Admin, Fundraising Committee, SCP board position and more.
- Become familiar with and follow all risk management (safety) procedures for in-person activity kit pick-up and toy lending such as wearing face masks and social distancing.
- Pay monthly tuition on time.
- Check email for SCP correspondence regularly.
1 circle time per week
2 circle times per week
3 circle times per week
Activity kits and all other offerings such as recorded lessons, toy lending, bonus Zooms, etc., are included no matter your choice for circle time frequency. Tuition rates are subject to change if SCP is able to incorporate outdoor or classroom instruction later in the school year.
We love incorporating siblings into our co-op preschool model at SCP!
Three options for siblings:
1. No charge: Siblings are welcome to listen in, dance, and sing along with circle times and bonus zooms. No extra activity or circle time materials will be sent home.
2. $10/month sibling materials add-on: This option includes extra activity kit materials in the student’s activity box and extra circle time supplies such as shakers and scarves (may not include things like chalkboards or other curriculum specific materials).
For options 1 & 2, siblings will not be counted as students on our circle time rosters so they won’t be included by name in songs or given turns in games that encourage the kids to talk and interact with the teacher. The teachers won’t be designing curriculum with siblings in mind. Siblings are welcome to listen to stories, dance, and sing along with the ‘big kids’ just as they would in the classroom.
3. Register a sibling as a second student: This option includes an activity kit (in a separate box from their sibling), all circle time materials, and an official spot on the circle time roster. The sibling must meet the age requirements for SCP (ages 2 through 5 on 8/31/20). All registration paperwork, including immunization records, must be filled out for both students. Both students would have spots held for them during any in-person preschool incorporated this year at SCP. The second student can be registered for the same circle times, or a different amount of circle times per week. There is a second-child discount of $20 off per month for families with two or more enrolled students. Families with more than one enrolled student only hold one member job.
Please note: All siblings are eligible for priority enrollment for the 2021/2022 school year, regardless of which sibling option you choose.
A non-refundable registration fee of $40 will be charged per student.
Need-based Financial Aid is Available
Families experiencing financial hardship are encouraged to apply for reduced tuition rates as needed. Please email email@example.com for more information. All inquiries are kept confidential.
How to Enroll
Please fill out the registration form on our enroll page. Once registered, the $40 registration fee will be due within seven business days.