What we are doing at SCP to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread–
SCP takes seriously the responsibility that we have in keeping our children, teachers, and families as safe as possible during a pandemic. We feel that though there will always be risk, we’ve created the safest, most thoughtful program possible. Besides our sick policy and travel quarantine, we have implemented several other measures that we believe will dramatically reduce our risk of COVID-19 at the school.
- Vaccination requirement of all adults in the classroom
- Masks are mandated for everyone over the age of two, inside and outside, regardless of vaccination status
- Daily temperature checks and health attestation prior to classroom entry
- Reduced class sizes
- Hand-washing before class, after bathroom use, and if a student sneezes/coughs/touches face
- No eating in class
- Strict sanitization practices which include sanitizing classroom surfaces between classes and rotating toys, so no toys are used by more than one class prior to being fully sanitized
- Reducing high touch areas
- All students will have their own art supplies
- Increased ventilation in the classroom and increased time outside
The parent board at SCP works closely with our advisors at Edmonds College to make sure we are in compliance with all COVID-19 safety guidelines as set by the DOH, DCYF, and Governor Inslee’s proclamation. Please note, Edmonds College’s student vaccination requirements apply to SCP parents that will be working in the classroom. Please direct any questions about our health and safety policies to firstname.lastname@example.org.